Generative AI: How ChatGPT Promises To Reinvent AI For Businesses?
It is literally impossible to live without using various forms of digital technology at each step nowadays. The tricky thing is these technologies keep changing fast, often faster than you may adapt to! Audiophiles who remained glued to CDs and DVDs are now seen using wireless Bluetooth earbuds and their phones to fulfil their needs, for example.
Now that AI and ML are no longer buzzwords and businesses of varying types are embracing these futuristic technologies, it makes sense to stay updated on the newest developments in these realms.
Making Waves With Generative AI: ChatGPT
Even before the mass gets well acquainted with the nuances of AI technology and its numerous implementations, a new wave has arrived, and it is being referred to as ‘Generative AI’.
To get an idea of what it is and what its capabilities are, you must take a close look at ChatGPT. It is being touted as the next big thing in the fast-evolving AI arena. It is a powerful generative AI language model capable of creating original content triggered by a user prompt. This is way more advanced than the capabilities you may have seen in first-generation AI-powered chatbots used in so many brands’ apps and web pages.
The Origin And Nuances Of ChatGPT
OpenAI, a pioneering San Francisco-based company, is behind this versatile and powerful generative AI incarnation. The company is known for its expertise in the AI tech sector. It previously unveiled an AI image and art maker named Dalle 2.
Within a week of its release, the platform generated tremendous user interest, with a user base reaching a million fast. OpenAI’s servers are coping with significant load, leading to capacity depletion at times. Those who always argued that computer-driven intelligence could not match human thinking capacity and creativity are having second thoughts. Powered by generative AI tech, these applications can be on par with humans on many grounds, as is being exhibited by ChatGPT.
How Is ChatGPT Better Than First-Generation AI-Powered Chatbots?
Interacting with AI-powered Chatbot apps is a common experience these days. You must have come across such tools while lodging a grievance with a fast food delivery app or placing an inquiry at your bank online. These chatbots simulate a human assistant, but it becomes apparent soon that you are interacting with a tool that has limited responses. The experience may not always be satisfying.
ChatGPT offers a totally different interaction experience for users, and it becomes hard to fathom that you are actually interacting with a tool and not another person! The human conversation simulation is near perfect, and that makes room for natural user engagement.
The model was created using a gargantuan amount of text databases obtained from the web. It comprised 570GB of data. The language model relies on probability, and it keeps learning and thus improves its analysis of queries.
ChatGPT runs on a language model named GPT-3.5, and it is powered by RLHF methodology. The model was developed using a mammoth amount of data obtained from a lot of people. It is capable of writing informative and engaging blogs, articles, and text that may look like it is written by people with ample education and work experience. What makes the AI-run bot compelling are its capabilities which mimic humans closely. It can, for example, mimic real conversations and remember what was said in a conversation.
How Can It Be Used?
When run in a controlled manner, ChatGPT can be used for a number of business usage cases. These include handling customer service, streamlining operations, online shopping, translating content, etc. Automating repetitive and important tasks can be handled by it, albeit with some limitations. It can be deployed in E-commerce websites, travel portals, cab rental applications, and many such niches where serving customers through interaction is a prime need.
The source language of ChatGPT, aka GPT-3.5, has already been used by some users to serve specific needs. These are like experimenting out of the box, but the initial results are pretty impressive.
- Daniel Gross, the co-founder of Cue nada, noted entrepreneur had deployed GPT-3.5 to make ChatGPT, a beefed-up AI-enabled assistant for use on WhatsApp.
- ChatBCG is the first AI capable of making presentations as per user needs.
- The Google Chrome extension named ChatGPT Writer is used to create complete emails driven by keywords.
- TweetGPT is another extension for Chrome for generating tweets randomly.
Shall You Deploy Tools Like ChatGPT To Meet Business Requirements?
It will be wise to adopt a slow and cautious approach for using such advanced AI tech-driven tools in business setups, feel the experts. To stay on the safe side, it can be implemented in a partial way in business setups under human supervision. Ideally, businesses can consider using such tools to handle operations that do not require the usage of a high level of human intelligence and analytics. It is still too early to deploy these AI-driven tools and run them without human intervention and supervision for executing business operations.
How To Get A Taste Of It?
As the AI-run app is in beta form, literally anyone can use it. You can browse the website chat.openai.com and get an account created. It’s just like creating a new account for an online application. As of now, it can be accessed and used free of cost, but the company hints in the future, it may be paid.
Benefits Of Using ChatGPT Over Conventional AI-Powered Tools
ChatGPT offers a number of advantages over existing AI tools and applications.
- The tool features an NLP engine that is quite advanced. This ensures users have a far more natural and humanlike interaction experience. Most users who have tried it have said they did not feel they were interacting with an AI application, regardless of the topics chosen or length of interaction. First-generation AI tools have somewhat mechanical responses. This makes it more suitable for handling customer operation-centric tasks. The users will not get bored or annoyed with the interaction easily.
- The source code can be used in existing digital applications without hassles. This makes deploying the application benefits easier.
- It is only natural that, with time, more features and enhancements will be added to the platform.
- Despite featuring the least AI technology, ChatGPT is very easy to use. Anyone without much tech expertise can access and use it.
- Where ChatGPT clearly outshines humans in sheer speed of content production. It can generate short to long blogs and stories and write emails and multiple types of content much faster than skilled and educated individuals.
- Since ChatGPT can accomplish content generation and lifelike interaction with users without hiccups, it can be used by businesses looking for cost-cutting measures. It can be used in lieu of human staff in specific business setups.
- The tool has immense potential for use as a mode of training. It can be used in myriads of organizations when imparting training without delay and in accordance with the defined processes is necessary.
What Are The Pitfalls?
From the exuberant response given to ChatGPT and similar generative AI-driven apps, it may seem like you can rely on them for anything without second thoughts. However, technology experts think it is still not the time to rely completely on these AI-based platforms. Just like the digital assistants in your smartphone and PC, these apps and platforms need further polishing to attain perfection.
So, what are the pitfalls of relying much on a generative AI-driven tool like ChatGPT? A few are listed below:
- Despite its creative brilliance, ChatGPT is not perfect, and it makes errors at times. It can generate inaccurate information for some user questions. The worst thing is the user does not get a hint about such misinformation, and the tool lacks an embedded feature to signal this as of now.
- The tool needs effective filters to analyze inappropriate content. Some users were rather unimpressed to see avatars generated from their nude images.
- Another flag of concern is the usage of biased information. Most generative AI-driven tools like ChatGPT draw from a huge chunk of data. This can also contain biased or propaganda-based content.
- Business usage of such advanced AI–based tools can still be some time away. The tool is not intelligent enough to understand and use the norms and values of specific brands when analyzing their data.
- Questions have been raised on the usage of these AI tools on a large scale. Doing so can lead to Intellectual-property rights violations in some cases.
- This powerful AI-based chatbot offers answers to the questions it is asked, and that answer comes from the data it is fed on. It means it may not have answers to some queries given by users. It is not a substitute for a search engine, so it cannot look up for locating answers.
- Experts have hinted at the potential of hacking groups and cyber criminals targeting these evolving AI tools to target their victims. As antivirus software makers and cyber law, proponents sharpen their weapons; the miscreants are not sitting idle either! ChatGPT can be subjected to cyber security attacks by notorious hacking groups in the future.
What Is The Future Of ChatGPT?
As of now, ChatGPT is among the most exciting AI technology-driven apps, and the user response is a testimony to its popularity. It is not even two months old, but from a regular geek to technology, icons have warmed up to it. However, its future prospects and success will depend on a number of factors.
- Till now, ChatGPT cannot function like a web search engine. However, it may so happen that the company behind it adds that functionality in the future. If that actually happens, it may emerge as a strong rival to Google and other web search engines. That may make things complex for so many digital marketing professionals who rely heavily on regular search engines. However, it is too early to predict this with certainty.
- The success and adoption of ChatGPT will also be dependent somewhat on its security features. Unless the company adds valuable security features to it, the application can be grossly misused. It is not only about hackers or online scammers, but millions of students can try using it for cheating in exams.
- Sam Altman, the OpenAI CEO, has already hinted at a premium version of the tool coming up, and as per the latest reports, it is now in the testing stage. However, it remains to be seen what pricing model is used. It is most likely to be a subscription-based service. The additional features must be enticing enough for the targeted users to pay the price.
- The tool still has some flaws that become apparent from time to time. From the inability to cope with offensive queries to offering some amount of factually wrong answers, the glitches cannot be overlooked. How far the company rectifies these flaws in the future will impact the app’s success prospects.
- The possibilities of the GPT3.5 model are worth admiring. A successor named GPT 4 is on the horizon. Once it arrives and gets deployed properly, the capability of ChatGPT will expand manifold.
- Already, some of the technology icons and giants have expressed their interest in this AI application. The list includes names of headline makers like Elon Musk, Reid Hoffman, and Microsoft. Reports indicate the Redmond-based tech giant is investing $1 billion into OpenAI to boost the prospects of its search engine, Bing. These high-profile endorsements may help ChatGPT to get an edge over other similar applications in this sector.
Summing It Up
There is no denying that applications like ChatGPT demonstrate how AI tech can be utilized to make life easier for individuals and businesses. It is a versatile tool with amazing interaction capabilities and features that take engagement to a new level. It can very well be deployed in various business setups to handle myriads of tasks requiring short or long customer interactions.
However, the tool still has some room for improvement. It can’t still outshine humans in critical thinking as well as strategic decision-making. So, usage with moderation is essential. The company behind it needs to rectify some glaring flaws to pave the way for mass online usage.
You must know, Systango is also actively making use of Artificial intelligence to deliver IT solutions specific to modern business requirements.