Systango- Your Credible Agile Development Partner
We all, the human race, have an esoteric tendency to believe that things will go as planned.
In the web arena, this inherent propensity is much evident with the implementation of the waterfall model within the software development process. It can be characterised by a fully documented upfront, specifying detailed expectations for project timeline and cost. The model treats the requirement gathering, design, development, testing, and maintenance as discrete phases of the project development journey and is slated to bring the desired digital asset.
You see, it’s core is an assurance, a promise, that one would get the final product exactly the way they envision it.
But here comes the catch.
The given linear sequential design approach fails badly when the projects encounter change. Any code or design flaw that’s unveiled in the testing phase creates a mess, as rolling back to an earlier stage to tweak or alter something is generally hard to wrestle or settle with. The tech team would need to rework on a lot of things like updated requirements, Gantt charts, test plans, etc.- leading to more budget and time investment. Clearly, the model involves a high degree of risk and uncertainty.
However, embracing the agile methodology can be a promising way to realise rapid development while keeping the risk curve flat. It’s a continuous, incremental, and iterative approach that allows for flexibility along the way.
Agile Development- What it is and Why It’s a Value-rich Deal?
What’s agile approach all about, you ask?
Well, here’s the best explanation, coming directly from the Agile Manifesto–
“We are uncovering better ways of developing
software by doing it and helping others do it.
Through this work we have come to value:
Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
Working software over comprehensive documentation
Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
Responding to change over following a plan
That is, while there is value in the items on
the right, we value the items on the left more.”
To put it together, agile is a set of values and principles that emphasises on the value-driven approaches. Here, a product is built incrementally in short, frequent iterations called sprints, making it easier to incorporate changes as per the changing business needs.
The sprints are sent to customers for review and the feedback is considered to revise the system and plan the next sprint.
At the end of each sprint, one has a working product boasting subset of the features of the end product. Do note that the sprint should meet the demands of the final system and should be integrated and tested before the end release.
Benefits of Agile
Agile approach empowers cross-functional teams to make smart, informed decisions while building any software product. The focus is to create feature-rich software and keep customers at the nexus of the development process at all times.
We at Systango favour agile development- we love to create products that are built to evolve and adopt changes that ensure the better quality of the end product.
We incorporate the Twelve Principles of Agile Software to craft high-quality software. Here’s how-
- Customer satisfaction is our priority- We want our customers to feel secure and satisfied with our tech partnership. Our team builds sprints at regular intervals and offer continuous delivery of working software.
- Dynamic Change Management- We know how to deal with changing requirements during the development phase. We have the capacity to meet the feature request changes without a hitch.
- Frequent Software Delivery- We use scrum to accommodate this principle. We ensure delivery of software sprints at regular intervals to follow agile the right way.
- We Have the Spirit of Collaboration- Teams and stakeholders work together to plan and decide better.
- Self-motivated Teams- We ensure that people involved in the project are knowledgeable, reliable and productive to the core.
- We Believe in F2F Interactions- Our proactive communication enables us to understand the visions and requirements in an ideal fashion. When teams are co-located, we are inclined to go ahead with a healthy face-to-face interaction.
- Working Software is Our Parameter to Assess Progress- Building and delivering a functional system is our ultimate way of judging work progress.
- Effective Agile Processes- This helps us achieve and maintain a consistent development pace.
- Attention to Technical Details & Design- We are keen to offer technical goodness. We pay utmost attention to technical nitty-gritty and design part to spike up agility and offer a highly refined product.
- We are Simplicity Lovers- We plan strategically to design just enough that serves the purpose.
- We Trust Self-organising Teams for Valuable End Result- Self-organising teams work with a smart approach, leading to the conception of the best requirements, architectures, and designs. The decisions made are way more thoughtful than individual efforts.
- Reflection to Get Better- Our team coordinates at periodic intervals to track the process, suss out room for improvement, and change the workflows to realise efficient performance.
All in all, as an agile development partner, we enjoy going the extra mile to build software that matter and serve the intended purpose. Our past work, that includes the development of digital products for Deloitte, Grindr, Porsche and MGM Grand are the result of our agile development expertise.
Discuss your next project with us and see how we know agile to deliver perfection.